Who are we?
At Insured Creativity Inc. (ICI), we are expanding our entrepreneurial, agile startup culture to support the insurance market’s digital transformation. We’ve recently launched GLIDE, a SaaS platform recognized by Lloyd’s of London, that enables electronic trading of insurance solutions for insurance carriers, brokers and MGAs alike. In addition, GLIDE supports our in-house insurance agency's vision to change how specialty insurance products are sold in digital channels.
Who we need?
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team to help drive the company’s digital growth and technology innovation forward over the coming years.
Are you inquisitive and have great problem-solving skills? Do you have a passion for product design and development? Do you have at least 2 years’ worth of experience in a professional, fast-paced dynamic environment?
Working out of our Oakville office, this position is accountable for Program Coordination and Delivery, as well as Product Analysis and Design. As Product Owner at ICI, you will need excellent analytical and organizational skills to complete project tasks, often balancing several priorities.
Program Coordination and Delivery
- Supports the implementation of Customer programs including program coordination, product gap analysis, program onboarding, user acceptance testing and customer support.
- Manages overall timelines and key deliverables from the team, partners, and customer.
- Acts as a primary liaison between delivery teams (internal and external) and the customer to coordinate and manage deliverables and activities, resources, timelines, milestones and user acceptance.
Product Analysis/Design - Glide Product Line
- Maintain knowledge of the changing needs of the insurance market, the competition and user pain points to support the evolution of the product(s).
- Participates in product ideation, planning, prioritizing, cost / resource estimation and risk management.
- Support Product Management in developing and articulating how data, data analytics and performance measurement should evolve for the product(s).
- Supports Product Management in developing and articulating the product(s) Vision.
- Supports Product Management in creating product roadmaps and keeping them up to date through the product life cycle.
- Works closely with engineering teams (internal and external) to analyze, define, and verify delivery of features, product solutions and resolution of issues.
- Responsible to manage product items in the backlog and prioritize them as per the business goals and changing project requirements to optimize value.
- In conjunction with Product Management, oversees the development stages of the product.
- Writes effective user stories by gathering and articulating complex requirements and ensures the final product meets the requirements.
- Supports resolution of product issues as they arise from product operations and/or stakeholder feedback.
- Participates and / or leads in client, project and team meetings; interacting and collaborating with team members.
- Leverages and contributes to the Knowledge Base to assist with the resolution of issues.
- Synthesizes and communicates feedback to key business stakeholders so that product(s) improvements and decisions pertaining to product(s) can be made effectively.
Overall, here’s what our successful candidate should possess:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Product Ownership and Product Development
- Extremely detail oriented with the ability to manage and prioritize workflow, timelines and project deliverables.
- Familiarity with product marketing and customer success related analytics and tools
- Experience working with technical products, designers or development teams
- Degree in Technology or Commerce or similar academics
- Computer literate, including strong working skills in the MS Offices suite of products including MS Excel and Word.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Extremely detail oriented with the ability to manage and prioritize workflow